Monday, June 11, 2012

Author Interview with Heather Burch!

If you're a regular reader on my blog a few months I blogged a review for Halflings by Heather Burch (click link to see review) and also did a cover conversation on her new cover Guardian (although I heard it'll subject to change) so here's the link to see my Cover Convo: http://themaniacalbookworm.blogspot.com/2012/05/cover-conversation-4-guardian-by.html

And now after endless harassment I finally got Heather Burch to do an interview with me! (btw, I was kidding about harassing her. well, maybe....)

A look at Heather's book covers:





And now, take a bow Ms. Burch because the spotlight is on you!

"Thanks for the chance to talk about the Halflings Series." :)

1: How long have you been writing?

Forever, I think. I wrote my first story at about age six. My mom sent it into the newspaper and they printed it. But until I got the idea for Halflings, I wasn’t writing YA although my books seemed to always have teenagers in them.

2:Was there a specific message you wanted to get across in Halflings?

I wanted to write a story you couldn't put down. Halflings is all about sacrifice. The deeper the sacrifice, the more haunting the story. I've watched people make incredible sacrifices—life changing ones—and I’m humbled by that. Sacrifice is beautiful.

3:Who was your favorite character in the book?

Oh, that’s so hard to say. I can tell you this, I really have a soft spot for Vine. Everything he’s discovering in book one paves the way for his own story later on.

4: Who was the easiest to write?

Raven. Always Raven. He’s an author’s dream because he keeps things interesting and churned up.

5: Who was the hardest?

Mace. He’s so stoic and strong. Hard to find a lot of flaws with wonder boy. I love him. But he didn’t make my job easy.

6: Are you working on another book now? If so, would you like to tell us what it is about?

Book 2, Guardian, is complete and will release in October. I’m so excited to share the next installment of the Halflings Series. Book Three, Avenger, is also done and will release next spring.

Here’s a little about Guardian: The mission to safeguard Nikki Youngblood depends on the fragile alliance of two half-angel, half-human guardians, both struggling with intense feelings for the girl who has been assigned to their care. Mace, steadfast and deeply in love, wants to protect Nikki at all costs, while Raven's loyalty to Nikki finds him advocating for her independence and battling his own darker inclinations. At the same time, Nikki finds it harder and harder to choose between the two heavenly beings she may never have. Dangers intensify, and tensions between Mace and Raven flare as the purpose of their mission becomes clear. Can their defenses hold up to master manipulator Damon Vessler and the powerful secret he holds regarding Nikki's heritage? Can anyone protect Nikki from her true purpose and destiny?

And now, back to me. :)

Thank you Ms. Burch for that wonderful review! I am pumped for Avenger to come out! :D And can I just say, "Raven is the bomb! He's like Gale Hawthorne, Finnick Odair (both from Hunger Games), Tobias/Four (from Divergent), and Fang (from Maximum Ride) all rolled into one really awesome character! I drool on my book every time his name is on the page!" ;)

Guardian is on pre-order at Amazon.com: Pre-order Guardian on Amazon If Ms. Heather gets enough pre-orders she'll be sent on a book tour around the U.S.! So please pre-order because I really want to meet her! :)
But don't forget to read the first in the series too, Halflings is also available on Amazon (on Kindle too!): Halflings on Amazon

Heather Burch will be at the ICRS (international Christian retailers show) July 17 in Orlando! 

Check out the book trailer!


*Want more updates on more author interview, book reviews, and movie ramblings? Follow my blog by email or GFC!*


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for you comment! :D

Favorite Series