Friday, March 23, 2012

Halflings Review by Heather Burch

Wow! Can't believe it's time for another review! Anyway, sorry it's going up so late my wonderful parents took the fam. to watch the Hunger Games (how cool is that! thnx mom & dad!) and we didn't get home till about 5 o'clock. (i know what you're thinking--"Yeah, Yeah. Excuses! Just get on with the review already!" Well, here it is......)



 HALFLINGS by HEATHER BURCH

Movie Rating: PG-13 for scenes of peril and scary imagesBook Rating: @@@@@ Genre: ParanormalSwearing: NoneInappropriate Scenes: NoneNumber of Pages: 286 (hardcover)Publisher: Zondervan

Back Blurb:
        After being inexplicably targeted by an evil intent on harming her at any cost, seventeen-year-old Nikki finds herself under the watchful guardianship of three mysterious young men who call themselves Halflings. Sworn to defend her, misfits Mace, Raven, and Vine battle to keep Nikki safe while hiding their deepest secret-and the wings that come with it.
        A growing attraction between Nikki and two of her protectors presents a whole other danger. While she risks a broken heart, Mace and Raven could lose everything, including their souls. As the mysteries behind the boys' powers, as well as her role in a scientist's dark plan, unfold, Nikki is faced with choices that will affect the future of an entire race of heavenly beings, as well as the earthly world.

What if following your heart meant losing your soul?

My Review:
        Now, I'm not big into paranormal so I only picked this book up for 2 reasons: (1) I fell in <3 with cover. It's amazing. and (2) the publisher. Zondervan is a Christian publisher and all of their books are clean. So I checked Halflings out of my library. It was Awesome! I really liked Nikki. She had some issues like the faint-every-time-I-see-you issue but she was still cool. And well let's face it. Mace and Nikki are a perfect match. (although I personally <3 the dark and mysterious Raven *drool*) Oh, and Damon Vessler seriously creeped me out. I did not like him at all! Perfect book for all you clean paranormal lovers! :D I seriously cannot wait to read Guardian!



1 comment:

  1. I've heard a lot about this book. Thanks for reviewing it and helping me decide!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for you comment! :D

Favorite Series