Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Avenger Cover Convo!

So coming out April 2013 is Heather Burch's new book (Halflings #3) AVENGER!!!! And o.m.g is the cover just amazing! (btw, Guardian got a new cover too check it out in the cover convo page) That has got to be the coolest shade of purple I have ever seen! Wow. :) And Nikki looks kick-butt baby! Oh yeah! :) She kind of reminds me of Black Widow in the Avengers. With the way she standing and all. So, Ms. Heather I have no idea who your cover designer is but he/she needs a raise because this is just amazing! I'm so excited to read this book!







And for a little refresher here's the first two covers in the series:



(Halflings: available now)



(and the new cover of Guardian: available October 2012. pre-order on Amazon today!)

And here 6 questions on Heather Burch's author interview:

1: How long have you been writing?

Forever, I think. I wrote my first story at about age six. My mom sent it into the newspaper and they printed it. But until I got the idea for Halflings, I wasn’t writing YA although my books seemed to always have teenagers in them.

2:Was there a specific message you wanted to get across in Halflings?

I wanted to write a story you couldn't put down. Halflings is all about sacrifice. The deeper the sacrifice, the more haunting the story. I've watched people make incredible sacrifices—life changing ones—and I’m humbled by that. Sacrifice is beautiful.

3:Who was your favorite character in the book?

Oh, that’s so hard to say. I can tell you this, I really have a soft spot for Vine. Everything he’s discovering in book one paves the way for his own story later on.

4: Who was the easiest to write?

Raven. Always Raven. He’s an author’s dream because he keeps things interesting and churned up.

5: Who was the hardest?

Mace. He’s so stoic and strong. Hard to find a lot of flaws with wonder boy. I love him. But he didn’t make my job easy.

6: Are you working on another book now? If so, would you like to tell us what it is about?

Book 2, Guardian, is complete and will release in October. I’m so excited to share the next installment of the Halflings Series. Book Three,Avenger, is also done and will release next spring.

Here’s a little about Guardian: The mission to safeguard Nikki Youngblood depends on the fragile alliance of two half-angel, half-human guardians, both struggling with intense feelings for the girl who has been assigned to their care. Mace, steadfast and deeply in love, wants to protect Nikki at all costs, while Raven's loyalty to Nikki finds him advocating for her independence and battling his own darker inclinations. At the same time, Nikki finds it harder and harder to choose between the two heavenly beings she may never have. Dangers intensify, and tensions between Mace and Raven flare as the purpose of their mission becomes clear. Can their defenses hold up to master manipulator Damon Vessler and the powerful secret he holds regarding Nikki's heritage? Can anyone protect Nikki from her true purpose and destiny?

Thank you guys for stopping by! :D

2 comments:

  1. I like the middle cover best. The Avenger girl looks more like Kristen Stewart on the first one. Bleh. JMHO, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the middle one is my fav. too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for you comment! :D

Favorite Series