Sunday, July 07, 2013

The Year of the Great Seventh by Teresa Orts--Review

THE YEAR OF THE GREAT SEVENTH by TERESA ORTS



Movie Rating: PG-13 for some language and sensuality
Book Rating: @@@@
Swearing: 2 uses of D**n and maybe one H**l
Inappropriate Scenes: One intense scene of sensuality but nothing happens
# of pages: 295 (paperback)
Genre: YA Fantasy
Publisher: Drayton Press

Back Blurb:

Sophie has always felt out of step—an outsider, even amongst friends in her high school with all the hype about celebrity culture. Her life in L.A. seems to have been already written for her, but when her junior year starts, it all takes a drastic turn. When she crosses paths with the school's heartthrob, Nate Werner, they fall for each other in a way neither can understand. What they don’t know is that by giving in to their desires, they are unlocking an ancient Egyptian prophecy that threatens to return Earth to the dark ages.

To undo the curse, Nate and Sophie embark on an adventure that takes them across the country. But their quest is not only to save the world as they know it. It is also a fight for their very survival. Behind the scenes, there are those that are counting on them to fail.

My Review:

Cliff Hanger. Excited. For. The. Next. One.
An ancient prophesy? A curse? Yes, please! Those are the reasons I accepted to read this book. I was drawn in immediately and wouldn't put it down. I even slept with it on my bed at night. From morning to night, every chance I got to read I was in my room eagerly devouring page after page after page. :-) I didn't like how the main character lied to her parents but if she would've have told the truth they wouldn't have believed her anyway. The romance seemed to rushed. The classic jock falls for the average girl and within days they're in love, but it was still a nice romance to read about. I really enjoy books about Egyptian prophecy (almost as much as I love blood and guts books) so I really liked The Year of the Great Seventh.
The make out scene was a little more than I was used to, so I would definitely recommend having a parent read the book first. But besides that this was a very good book! I loved it and cannot wait for the next one cuz it will be epic!! :D Great job, Ms. Orts! You are a terrific writer! Keep up the good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for you comment! :D

Favorite Series