Saturday, July 06, 2013

The Circle by Cindy Cipriano:: Review


THE CIRCLE by CINDY CIPRIANO
*this an ARC review all book information is subject to change*

Movie Rating: G all ages admitted
Book Rating: @@@@@
Swearing: None
Inappropriate Scenes: None
# of pages: 174 (paperback)
Genre: YA Contemporary Fantasy
Publisher: Odyssey Books
Series: Book 1 of The Sidhe

Back Blurb:
            Calum Ranson is sure of three things: his cousin Finley is alive, Calum will find him, and no one knows Calum and his family are Sidhe. No on until Laurel shows up at his mother’s bookstore wearing a dark clan’s mark.
            When Calum learns the details surrounding the disappearance of Laurel’s brother, he suspects the evil Hobayeth clan. Calum and Laurel work together in the Realm of Man and the Otherworld to rescue her brother—revealing a connection between Calum and Laurel that may cost Finley his life.

My Review:
            So many of you are probably reading the genre I have The Circle under and are thinking, “What the heck is Contemporary Fantasy?” I shall tell you. Contemporary Fantasy (yes, it’s title a came up with on very own…well maybe not, but I think I should get some credit for using it) is a book set in modern day times with a fantasy twist to it. Like Fairies. Like the Sidhe. Like The Circle. Contemporary Fantasy is a book that more than likely sparks the clichéd sentence, ‘They live among us’. Back to my review.
               What I liked:
I liked how Ms. Cipriano wrote that fairies live among us pretending to be human. I’ll never look at another person again without thinking, “Hmmm. Fairy or no?” (You think I’m kidding but seriously, there’s this person at our church…yeah, they might be a fairy. No joke, so don’t laugh.) The characters were all amazing, and I want to take this time to say a HUGE thank you to Ms. Cipriano for putting my name in her book. That was the first book I read with a character named Brenna in there and let me tell you, I was so tickled. :) And I loved how there was a middle graders romance in there. It was so funny reading about it and oh so true to life. And although, this book is being toted as a Middle Grade novel for Middle Grade readers, I know quite a few adults and teenagers that would love to read this book. So don’t judge a book by what age level it was written for because I promise, people of all ages will love this book!
What I did not like:
The CLIFF HANGER!!! Cliff hangers are my evil enemy. Now I’m dying for Book Two!
Note to the author:
Great job on the book! I loved it! :D Cannot wait for book two.

Here's a link to check out:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for you comment! :D

Favorite Series