Thursday, November 15, 2012

Starters by Lissa Price::Review


STARTERS by LISSA PRICE



Movie Rating: PG-13 for sequences of violence and suggestive material
Book Rating: @@@@@
Swearing: multiple uses of h**l and maybe one or two d**n
Inappropriate Scenes: None
# of Pages: 352 (hardcover)
Genre: YA thriller/sci-fi
Publisher: Delacorte Books

Back Blurb:

HER WORLD IS CHANGED FOREVER

Callie lost her parents when the Spore Wars wiped out everyone between the ages of twenty and sixty. She and her little brother, Tyler, go on the run, living as squatters with their friend Michael and fighting off renegades who would kill them for a cookie. Callie's only hope is Prime Destinations, a disturbing place in Beverly Hills run by a mysterious figure known as the Old Man.

He hires teens to rent their bodies to Enders—seniors who want to be young again. Callie, desperate for the money that will keep her, Tyler, and Michael alive, agrees to be a donor. But the neurochip they place in Callie's head malfunctions and she wakes up in the life of her renter, living in her mansion, driving her cars, and going out with a senator's grandson. It feels almost like a fairy tale, until Callie discovers that her renter intends to do more than party—and that Prime Destinations' plans are more evil than Callie could ever have imagined. . . .

My Review: 

I seen Starters at my bookstore. It sounded interesting. Really interesting. But I was leery about because it was a teen book and there's a lot of those that I don't want to read. So I got Starters from my library as a trial run. I LOVED this book! It was so good! Oh, and just so you don't think I like reading book with suggestive material, the suggestive material was just the Enders warning the Starters to not mess around when they were renting their bodies. Anyway, this was a really good book. Very interesting plot, very unique. With a big twist and a turn. :) Def. check this book out! I hope you like it as much as I did. Can't wait the sequel! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for you comment! :D

Favorite Series