Friday, January 04, 2013

The Selection by Keira Cass

THE SELECTION BY KEIRA CASS



Movie Rating: PG-13 for brief sensuality
Book Rating: @@
Swearing: i really don't remember any swearing but if there was they were small
Inappropriate Scenes: there was like 3 make out scenes. it didn't go into detail it just said they kissed. a lot. but still....
# of Pages: 327 (hardcover)
Genre: YA Dystopian
Publisher: HaperTeen

Back Blurb:

35 GIRLS. 1 CROWN. THE COMPETITION OF A LIFETIME.

For 35 girls the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The oppurtunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in a palace and compete for the heart of gorgeous Prince Maxon.
But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.
The America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself--and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to the future she never imagined.

My Review:

Okay, so I was so eager to get my hands on this book. But I was really disappointed. For one thing this book reminded of a very aristocratic Hunger Games. Just about everything was identical to The Hunger Games (except for where the contestants kill each other)....right down to the contestant interviews in front of the whole nation! It was really distracting. And it didn't seem very original.
Another reason I didn't care for the book was.........................ASPEN! Gosh, I hate him so much. He was such an idiot. He reallly reallllly reallllly bugged me. I really liked Maxon though. He was such a sweetheart. I really hope America picks him over Aspen. I cannot describe how much I HATE Aspen. Probably because of what he told America to do at the beginning of the book and then got mad when she did it and it worked out the way he wanted it too. Duh, idiot alert.
I really liked America. She was such a little fireball. She's one of my favorite characters ever in the world of YA because she doesn't let anyone change her but I do with she would just tell Aspen NO.
But I'll probably read the next one in the series just to see how it ends and check out the GORGEOUS cover:


Check out The Selection trailer:


1 comment:

  1. *high five* Team Maxon here too! :) Who needs Aspen anyway?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for you comment! :D

Favorite Series