Friday, October 05, 2012

What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen=Review

WHAT HAPPENED TO GOODBYE by SARAH DESSEN




Movie Rating: PG-13 for language and questionable material
Book Rating: @@@
Swearing: lots of uses of small words, and about 5 uses of s**t
Inappropriate Scenes: the author says that they make out but that's it
# of Pages: 402 (hardcover)
Genre: YA Romance
Publisher: Viking Juvenile

Back Blurb:

Who is the real McLean?

Since her parents' bitter divorce, McLean and her dad, a restaurant consultant, have been on the move-four towns in two years. Estranged from her mother and her mother's new family, McLean has followed her dad in leaving the unhappy past behind. And each new place gives her a chance to try out a new persona: from 
cheerleader to drama diva. But now, for the first time, McLean discovers a desire to stay in one place and just be herself, whoever that is. Perhaps Dave, the guy next door, can help her find out. 

My Review:

Let me clear this up: I didn't care for Sarah Dessen's other book, Along for the Ride. At all. I had to force myself to read it. BUT this book, What Happened to Goodbye, was 100x better! I really enjoyed this book. I gave it 3 stars because there was somethings in there I didn't care for. Like the author saying they made out. It wasn't necessary. But I love the title. I can relate to the title. :/ And of course the cover, if it's a Sarah Dessen book, I love the cover. : ) Mclean's mom really bugged me. And I agreed with everything that Mclean did to her mother. I would be the exact same way. But her mother didn't see what she did wrong.....And I liked how Dessen brought in Heidi and Thisbe (from Along for the Ride) and put them in this book. (Even if they had a small part) I like it when authors do that. What Happened to Goodbye made me want to read another Sarah Dessen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for you comment! :D

Favorite Series