Friday, September 14, 2012

The Rise of Nine Review

I can't even bring myself to put an exclamation mark after the title of this post because, let's face it, this book sucked and I'm not excited to review it. If you, dear reader, suffer from bad cases of book annoyance and irritation (BAI-it's where the book really irritates you or annoys you so much your vision goes red) then I DO NOT suggest this book. Why would I do that to you? So without further ado, I give to you, The Rise of Nine Review:

THE RISE OF NINE by PITTACUS LORE


Movie Rating: PG-13 for language, violence, and gory images
Book Rating: @
Swearing: LOTS of big swear words. (Please don't make me write them all down)
Inappropriate Scenes: None
# of Pages: 416 (hardcover)
Genre: YA sci-fi
Publisher: Harper Collins

Back Blurb:
Until the day I met John Smith, Number Four, I'd been on the run alone, hiding and fighting to stay alive.

Together, we are much more powerful. But it could only last so long before we had to separate to find the others. . . .
I went to Spain to find Seven, and I found even more, including a tenth member of the Garde who escaped from Lorien alive. Ella is younger than the rest of us, but just as brave. Now we're looking for the others—including John.

But so are they.
They caught Number One in Malaysia.
Number Two in England.
And Number Three in Kenya.
They caught me in New York—but I escaped.
I am Number Six.
They want to finish what they started.
But they'll have to fight us first.

My Review: 

Okay, um, first off let me get a cup of coffee to wake myself up because I fell asleep reading this book and I'm (yawn) really tired. The hype about The Rise of Nine releasing was HUGE. And I'll admit it, I was part of it. I couldn't wait to pick this book because I wanted to know the end. Because for some reason I thought (ha) that this was going to be the end. It's not. Instead, Pittacus decides to prolong your agony by writing another book to this going-down hill series. And only God knows how many more he's going to make us suffer through before he puts us out of our misery. There was no plot. I repeat. No Plot at all! It was just a bunch of thrown together fight scenes that showed off the group's 'awesome' powers. *SPOILER ALERT* And guess what, predictably, Sarah's back in the picture. Oh joy. Yippee. (sarcastic) Pittacus Lore has two big, bad habits that I've discovered:

1: He's soooo predictable. You know what going to happen.
2: He'll throw a twist into the story and then forgets all about it in the next book. Doesn't even mention it.

So, in short, I don't recommend this book to anyone who severely suffers from BAI. Sad, really, but there it is.

3 comments:

Thank you so much for you comment! :D

Favorite Series