Friday, September 21, 2012

Rot & Ruin by Jonathan Maberry::Zombie Review


ROT & RUIN by JONATHAN MABERRY



Movie Rating: R for graphic images, violence, sequences of peril, and language
Book Rating: @@@@@
Swearing: there was quite a bit of laguage at the beginning but thanks to Tom it quieted down. :)
Inappropriate Scenes: 3 boys were talking about a girl's chest
# of Pages: 458 (hardcover)
Genre: YA Thriller/Dystopian (is total awesomeness a genre?)
Publisher: Simon & Schuster

Back Blurb:

In the zombie-infested, post-apocalyptic America where Benny Imura lives, every teenager must find a job by the time they turn fifteen or get their rations cut in half. Benny doesn't want to apprentice as a zombie hunter with his boring older brother Tom, but he has no choice. He expects a tedious job whacking zoms for cash, but what he gets is a vocation that will teach him what it means to be human.

My Review:

I decided I would prepare for the zombie apocalypse by read the Benny Imura series because what other way am I going to prepare except by read a book about zombies? : ) But because I had previously read a different zombie book before I read Rot & Ruin and didn't like it I was leery about reading this one. However, I quickly got over my leeriness and am now a HUGE R&R fan! If you love gore, and blood, and gross stuff then R&R is for you. (obviously, I do because I rated this book 5 stars) I really liked how there was all the action but still just a touch of romance not to much but not to little either. Just enough to make the book more realistic. And the brotherly relationship between Benny and his older brother Tom was very humorous because that exactly how me and my younger brother would be like. I cannot stress enough how A-W-E-S-O-M-E this book is. I devoured this book and it's sequel and am anxiously awaiting the release of the third book Flesh and Bone (which has an awesome cover, btw) and the fourth book (which has an awesome title!) Jonathan Maberry is a very talented writer and I am a forever fan.  For all you zombie lovers out there: DO NOT MISS THIS BOOK!

PS--This book was awesometastic. ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for you comment! :D

Favorite Series