Friday, July 13, 2012

Snow White&The Huntsman::Book Review


SNOW WHITE & THE HUNTSMAN



Book Rating: @@@@@
Movie Rating (not official): PG-13 for scary images, sequences of suspense, and language
Swearing: 2 uses of h**l, d**n, and 1 use of b*****d
Inappropriate Scences: None
# of Pages: 219 (paperback)
Genre: Fantasy
Publisher: Poppy

Back Blurb:

   A breathtaking new vision of a legendary tale. Snow White is the only person in the land fairer than the evil queen who is out to destroy her. But what the wicked ruler  never imagined is that the young woman threatening her reign has been training in the art of war with a huntsman who was dispatched to kill her.

My Review:

MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!

  Well, I did it! I read the book before I seen the movie. (Although if the book is based off the movie shouldn't I see the movie first? Food for thought....) Anyway, this book was really good! I'm not sure how well it follows the movie because, as I said, I haven't seen the movie yet. But I will! :P There is one thing, however, that I hope is different in the movie:

-More Romance-

  And I can see the shocked looked on your faces. ME, the girl who likes reading about blood and gore, is hollering for more romance! :) I'm not joking though! I think there was one kiss in the whole book. :O It was so sad. And I hope there's going to be sequel because I have to see who Snow White gets together with! 
  The writing didn't read well. It felt like the author rushed through everything to just get it over with. Some parts there wasn't enough describing and then in other parts there was too much. And the sentences felt a little choppy. But still this book was really good! I <3ed the remake of Snow White! Can't wait to see the movie! : D

3 comments:

  1. The movie is entertaining. It has some very nice set pieces, and I liked Kristen Stewart as Snow White. If you like the book I'm sure you'll enjoy the movie too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure I'll love it! :) I really liked the movie trailers. :)

      Delete
  2. I NEED TO READ THIS! I'm totally for twisted fairytales!

    BUT my stupid library that doesn't have a lot of good books doesn't have this! And I'm currently broke. So My life is forever sad... until I'm unbroken and can buy this book.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for you comment! :D

Favorite Series