Friday, April 27, 2012

Variant by Robison Wells

Most days Friday doesn't come really super fast, until you need to scavenge up a book review and you have no idea what book. :) I got this book from the library (along with 4 others, who will also be put up in the next weeks) and I wanted to share my thought with you.  So here goes....




VARIANT by ROBINSON WELLS

Movie Rating: PG-13 for some language and sequences of peril
Book Rating: @@@@@
Swearing: very few instances of h*** and d***
Inappropriate Scenes: None
# of Pages: 373 (hardcover)
Genre: Science Fiction
Publisher: Harper Teen
LLFTB: What makes a person is on the inside. Not the outside.

Back Blurb:

At Maxfield Academy the choices are: Society, Havoc, Variant. Benson must join one in order to SURVIVE.  But he is determined to ESCAPE.And he can only trust HIMSELF.
Benson Fisher thought that a scholarship to Maxfield Academy would be the ticket out of his dead-end life.
He was wrong. Now he's trapped in a school that's surrounded by a razor-wire fence. A school where video cameras monitor his every move. Where there are no adults. Where the kids have split into groups in order to survive.
Where breaking the rules equal death.
But when Benson stumbles upon the school's real secret, he realizes that playing by the rules could spell a fate worse than death, and that escape--his only real hope for survival--may be impossible.

My Review:

AMAZING!!!! WOW!!! I'm LOVIN it! : D This book was Awesome! I'm really bad at reviewing books i love because what else can i say besides, "Go. buy. your. copy. NOW!" ? So bear with me. You felt a connection to all of the characters maybe a good or bad connection but a connection all the same. I didn't really care for Jane. She seemed fake to me. (turns out that was Wells intention) I couldn't understand why Benson liked her. I didn't really care for Becky either, at the beginning, but as time passed she got better and I understood her more too. And I couldn't believe the major twist at the end! Some of the people that turned out different was really shocking! (read the book. you'll understand) This is a book that I will read over and over and over, because it is just radiates Awesomeness! ;) It reminded me of a cross between Dark Eden and The Maze Runner. And I'm not ashamed to admit that it creeped me out a little too and if a book can creep me out than the author is very good at his job!

2 comments:

  1. I picked this one up from my library a while back, but realized that the ending was quite the cliffhanger and I have issues with those so I decided to hold out until closer to book 2. I know have it on my Kindle and I am itching to read it. It is coming up on my TBR list. I am so glad that it was such a great book. It looked that way to me and I am happy I won't be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister just finished this book today and was like, "YOU TOTALLY NEED TO READ THIS!!!" And she gave it five stars, which she has to love a book to give it five stars. Haha, so I've put it on my to-read' list. xD

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for you comment! :D

Favorite Series