Friday, April 06, 2012

Legend by Marie Lu


I decided to put up a review anyway. So here it is!

LEGEND written by MARIE LU



Movie Rating: PG for some swearing
Book Rating: @@@@@
Genre: Dystopian with a hint of Sci-fi
Swearing: multiple uses of h*** and d*** but not too bad
Innappropriate Scenes: none
# of Pages: 305 (hardcover)
Publisher: G.P. Putnam's Sons
LLFTB*: "Things are not always what they seem."

Back Blurb:      
        Once known as the western coast of the United States, the Republic is now a nation perpetually at war with its neighbors, the Colonies.
        Born into an elite family in one of the Republic's wealthiest districts, fifteen-year-old June is a military prodigy. Obedient, passionate, and comitted to her country, she is being groomed for success in the Republic's highest circles.
        Born into the slums of the Republic's Lake Sector, fifteen-year-old Day is the country's most wanted criminal. But his motives may not be as malicious as they seem.
       From very different worlds, June and Day have no reason to cross paths-until the day June's brother, Metias, is murdered, and Day becomes the prime suspect. Now, caught in the ultimate game of cat and mouse, Day is in a race for his family's suvival, while June tries desperately to avenge Metias's death. But in a shocking turn of events, the two uncover the truth of what has really brought them together, and the sinister lengths to which their country will go to keep its secrets.


My Review:      Some girls are prepped and pampered to be Miss America, some are prepared to be a wife/mom, some are pushed and pushed to be the smartest person in the world. Not June. June is trained her whole life to kill. To never give up; to track down rebels without any hesitation.
Day is dead. Or, rather, his family thinks he's dead and the government has no files about him. So he steals stuff to give to his family when they need it.
I loved this book! It was so good! What the government did in this book was something I wouldn't put past our current government. (maybe I'm just crazy) I mean, if someone knows something bad about you what's the easiest way to make sure that 'bad thing' doesn't get out? Kill that person. Marie Lu's writing was just super cool! I love how she took and kept switching between June's POV and Day's. That was really cool. I HATED Thomas. Seriously. I couldn't stand that character. Every time I saw his name on a page I groaned inwardly because he was such a jerk. A bully. A spoiled kid who had no morals and would do anything his commander told him to do. I really did not like him! This book was a super good read and don't miss out on it! Check it out! I'm counting the days till Patriot (Legend #2) comes out! :P

*Lesson Learned From This Book*

4 comments:

  1. thank you, thank you, thank you for this review!! I so appreciate your rating, your comments, and your description of the book without giving away spoilers :) I have been curious about this book, but not sure if i should read it and your review really helped. Lesson learned from this book is also a nice touch :) Thanks again, blessings!
    Kara
    karathewriter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome! Thank you for the comment! This book was super good! Should not be missed. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe I still haven't read this book! It sounds amazing from the description and your review. LOVE kick-ass heroines! And I love the way you set up your review with the swearing, page count, etc. That's some useful info! Great Review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely loved this book. It was full of action and adventure which is my kind of book. :) Thanks so much for the review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for you comment! :D

Favorite Series