Saturday, March 01, 2014

Outcasts by Jill Williamson::Review

OUTCASTS by JILL WILLIAMSON



Movie Rating: PG-16 for some very mature topics
Book Rating: @@@
Swearing: None
Inappropriate Scenes: none, but there are a lot of mature conversations
# of Pages: 403 (paperback)
Genre: YA Dystopian
Publishers: Blink

Back Blurb:

UNCOVERING THE TRUTH COULD COST THEM THEIR LIVES.

Since entering the Safe Lands, Mason has focused on two things: finding a way to free his village from captivity and finding a cure for the disease that ravages many within the walls of the Safe Lands. After immune-suppressive drugs go missing in the clinic, Mason discovers his coworker, Ciddah, may know more about the Safe Lands than imagined...and may have an agenda of her own. At the same time, Mason's brother Levi is focused on a way to free the remaining Glenrock captives, while Mason's younger brother, Omar, decides to take the rebellion against the Safe Lands into his own hands as a vigilante.

Soon all three brothers are being watched closely--and when Mason stumbles onto a shocking secret about the Safe Lands meds, his investigation just might get those closest to him liberated.

My Review:

     Outcasts, the second book in the Safe Lands series follows multiple POVs and their adventures in the Safe Lands. Because of the many POVs I often found myself confused as to who was who. We had Shaylinn, Levi, Jordan, Mason, Omar, etc., and I had a very trying time keeping them all straight in my head. I was constantly asking who's POV I was in. Also with the many POVs there were many different things going on at the same time that made my brain spin even harder. I often stopped and went, "Wait, what?"
     However, please don't the negativity in the above paragraph as that I didn't like the book, I did. I just had a hard time keeping up. 
     Like Captives, Outcasts is a book with very mature topics. Such as pregnancy, giving birth, intimacy, and the womanly cycle. I'm a girl and it was even a little uncomfortable for me. Nothing was in too in depth, but I would definitely advise you to read this book first before you hand it off to you to your 13 year old daughter.  
     Also, before you begin reading Outcasts read Captives first. You'll understand it a lot better and be more prepared to begin your journey as an outcast. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for you comment! :D

Favorite Series