Monday, April 08, 2013

Domination by Jon C. Lewis:: Review


DOMINATION by JON S. LEWIS

Movie Rating: PG-13 for sci-fi action and gore
Book Rating: @@@@@
Swearing: None
Inappropriate Scene: None
# of Pages: 266 (hardcover)
Genre: YA Sci-fi
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
Series: C.H.A.O.S Trilogy Book 3

Back Blurb:
               THEIR GOAL IS SIMPLE: TOTAL DOMINATION.
               With six arms and jaws that can snap a man in two, the warmongering race of aliens known as the Thule has conquered every planet they’ve attacked.
               And now their invasion of Earth has begun.

Humanity’s only hope springs from a mysterious Thule legend about a Betrayer, who they believe will rise up and destroy their people. The American government tried to manufacture their own Betrayer by injecting children with Thule blood but time after time the experiment failed…until Colt McAlister.
               A decade later, Colt is a 16-year-old cadet at the CHAOS Military Academy where he’s training to defend mankind. But he’s afraid that the alien blood may be turning him in a Thule—and he’s beginning to suspect fulfilling his role as the Betrayer may cost him everything.
               Experience a cosmic battle filled high-tech gear, gateways to other planets, and ultimate stakes. Not everyone will survive. But heroes will rise up and step into their destiny in this earth-shaking conclusion to the C.H.A.O.S trilogy.

My Review:
Riveting. When I received this book off of BookSneeze I had no idea it was the 3rd book in the trilogy, and I was really nervous about reading Domination because I hadn’t read the first two in the trilogy in the series-Invasion and Alienation. But because I had already requested it there wasn’t much I could do except read the book and review it accordingly. And now, I’m diligently working toward getting my hands on the first two books. (Yeah, I’m going to wash the cars a lot for that $5) I’m here to tell you that you Domination is a perfectly acceptable stand alone book. Mr. Lewis was very good at bringing in the characters and previous episodes quickly so you knew what was going on.
This book was AMAZING! I mean, wow, I’m wishing for more. Every little thing that kept me away from this book was met with annoyance and with lots of complaining (sorry, about that Mom). The story was written so well I felt like I was really there, everything felt so real. I really really really really hope the CHAOS trilogy is going to be made into a movie because, I swear, I will be one of the first in the movie theater, sitting there with my Coke and popcorn with my eyeballs as wide as they can go staring eagerly at the screen. In short, I’ll look like all the girls and boys at The Hunger Games premiere.
I loved how Colt was Christian, but he wasn’t all stuck up and pious about it, you know? He still messed up and he wasn’t perfect, but he still loved God and trusted in God to get him through his problems.
I’m begging you guys, if you love alien war-fare please don’t miss out on this book. It is E-P-I-C.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for you comment! :D

Favorite Series