Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Starflower by Anne Elizabeth Stengl

STARFLOWER by ANNE ELIZABETH STENGL



Movie Rating: G all ages admitted
Book Rating: @@@@@
Inappropriate Scenes: None
Swearing: None
# of Pages: 348 (paperback)
Genre: Fantasy
Publisher: Bethany House

Back Blurb:

THE BLACK DOGS ARE ON THE HUNT, BUT WHO IS THEIR PREY?

When a cursed dragon-witch kidnaps fairest Lady Gleamdren, the Bard Eanrin sets boldly forth on a rescue mission…and a race against his rival for Gleamdren’s favor. Intent upon his quest, the last thing the immortal Faerie needs is to become mixed up with the troubles of an insignificant mortal.
            But when he stumbles upon a maiden trapped in an enchanted sleep, he cannot leave her alone in the dangerous Wood Between. One waking kiss later, Eanrin suddenly finds his story entangled with that of young Starflower. A strange link exists between the mortal girl and the dragon-witch. Will Starflower prove the key to Lady Gleamdren’s rescue? Or will the dark power from which she flees destroy both her and her rescuer?

My Review:

AWESOME! *sigh* I loved this book. Okay, so I’m a huge fan of Heartless by Ms. Stengl. I didn’t think that any fantasy book could be better than Heartless and then I read Veiled Rose (also by Ms. Stengl) and I didn’t think any book could be better than Veiled Rose and then I read Starflower (again by Ms. Stengl) and I’m positive that no book can get better than Starflower (seriously, cannot wait to read Dragonwith so I can be proved wrong).
Starflower was UH-MAZING! Seriously, awesometastic. Immediately, I was dragged into this wonderful book and could not put it down! I liked most of the characters EXCEPT for Lady Gleamdren. She was written a little to well as a stuck-up snob. I think we all know a ‘Lady Gleamdren’ in our lives. *cough cough* But on the bright side we all probably know a ‘Starflower’ too. J
Tales of Goldstone Woods are epic books! And the best part? You don’t need to start at Book 1! :O All the books are different stories but they're stilled tied in at some point. It’s really cool. *goofy grin*
Epic book, Epic series, Epic author!

Reader out. Ciao. J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for you comment! :D

Favorite Series