Thursday, November 22, 2012

Enclave by Ann Aguirre


ENCLAVE by ANN AGUIRRE






Movie Rating: PG-13 for violence, peril, graphic images, and suggestive content
Book Rating: @@@@
Swearing: None
Inappropriate Scenes: None
# of Pages: 259
Genre: YA Dystopian/Sci-fi
Publisher: Square Fish

Back Blurb:

WELCOME TO THE APOCALYPSE.

In Deuce's world, people earn the right to a name only if they survive their first fifteen years. By that point, each unamed 'brat' has trained into one of three groups--Breeders, Builders, or Hunters, identifiable by the number of scars they bear on their arms. Deuce has wanted to be a Huntress for as long as she can remember.
As a Huntress, her purpose is clear--to brave the dangerous tunnels outside the enclave and bring back meat to feed the group while evading ferocious monsters known as Freaks. She's worked toward this goal her whole life, and nothing's going to stop her, not even a beautiful brooding Hunter named Fade. When the mysterious boy becomes her partner, Deuce's troubles are just beginning. When she and Fade discover that the neighboring enclave has been destroyed by Freaks, who seem to be growing more organized, the elders refuse to listen to their warnings and exile Deuce and Fade. As the two are guided out of the dead city by Fade's long-ago memories, they face dangers, and feelings, unlike any they've ever known.

My Review:

I've heard so much about Enclave that I decided to read it myself. I was expecting something great and I wasn't disappointed. At all. Enclave shows people that there can be a book with no swearing and no inappropriate scenes and still be really really good. (Although there was a little to much talk of Breeders and breeding for me, that was the suggestive content.)
Enclave is like the sci-fi version of The Hunger Games. (I say sci-fi because it deals with disease and to me, that's science fiction.) The main character is a hunter. The government is out of control and won't listen to the people. The Freaks (which are THG equivalent of Mutants). A really awesome love triangle. (am I  supposed to describe them as awesome or something else? because awesome was the only word I could think of) But similar as Enclave is to THG it's still unique in its own way.
I can't wait to read Outpost. (If my library will ever get it in) And the love triangle? I'm not sure who I like better. Probably Fade because his background is better than Stalker's, but I'm not sure. Anyway, Enclave was a really good book and I recommend it to anyone who enjoyed the following: The Hunger Games, Divergent, The Maze Runner, Incarceron.

Check out the movie trailer:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for you comment! :D

Favorite Series