Thursday, June 21, 2012

Crazy Dangerous by Andrew Klavan


CRAZY DANGEROUS by ANDREW KLAVAN



Movie Rating: PG for scary images
Book Rating: @@@@@
Swearing: None (such a nice change)
Inappropriate Scenes: None
# of Pages: 324 (hardcover)
Genre: YA Action/Adventure
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
LLFTB: Be careful who your friends are.

Back Blurb:

   Sam Hopkins is a good kid who has fallen in with the wrong crowd. Hanging around with car thieves and thugs, Sam knows it's only a matter of time before he makes one bad decision too many and gets into real trouble.
   But one day, Sam sees these thugs harassing an eccentric schoolmate named Jennifer. Finding the courage to face the bullies down, Sam loses a bad set of friends and acquires a very strange new one. Because Jennifer is not just eccentric. To Sam, she seems downright crazy. She has terrifying hallucinations involving demons, the devil, and death. And here's the really crazy part: Sam is beginning to suspect that these visions may actually be prophecies-prophecies of something terrible that's going to happen very soon. 
   Unless he can stop it.
   With no one to believe him, with no one to help him, Sam is now all alone in a race against time. Finding the truth before disaster strikes is going to be both crazy and very, very dangerous.

DO RIGHT. FEAR NOTHING.

My Review:

   After reading The Last Thing I Remember (Homelanders Series Book #1) I was a permanent Andrew Klavan fan. (hey, I rhymed) Anyway, to start off: If you're not into demons and paranormal you still want to read this book because in Crazy Dangerous nothing is as it seems. This was a book that had a lot of twists and turns. And one big twist at the end that you will not believe!!! All the characters were very well-written and I think my favorite character was Jennifer. She was so vulnerable and helpless. This book was Amazing! Crazy Dangerous is not your average Action/Adventure novel!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds good. I also really like Andrew Klavan after reading the Homelander Series and I have this book on my self. I just have some many books on my to-read shelf that I haven't gotten to it. :) But, it sounds like when I do start it, I'm in for a good read.

    Love the movie rating aspect you got there. Very nice. I wish all books had that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've talked to publishers about putting the movie rating on the back of the cover. Maybe if a lot of us got together and emailed them they'd do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be cool. A petition might work well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe I'll blog about it or something.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love books with twists and turns and I like that this had bullying in it - very relevant to today! I have this sitting in my TBR pile and after reading your review, I am even more excited to read it! Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for you comment! :D

Favorite Series