Wednesday, April 18, 2012

BEWARE!

  

   I usually check out my books very thoroughly before I read them. One of the most helpful places that tells me about dirty books is GoodReads on my group Good Books For Picky Teenagers. Where the group members get together and warn each other about books that they have read that were really dirty. And because I don't do a lot of reviews about books that have bad scenes in them so I compiled a list to warn you guys.

These books have inappropriate scenes:

The Bar Code Tattoo by Susan WeynGraceling (do not be fooled by cover)
Across the UniverseDelerium by Lauren Oliver
Shatter MeThe Mortal Instrument Series
The Gone Series Thirteen Reasons Why
Perfect ChemistryBefore I Fall by Lauren Oliver
Stardust

And here are some books that have over-excessive swearing:

The Book Thief by Markus ZusakI Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore
The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore
Virals by Kathy Riechs

*If you really want to get the scoop on Dirty Books join my Good Books for Picky Teenagers group on GoodReads! Click the link on the left hand side of my blog)*

2 comments:

  1. I admire you. I think it's wonderful that you are picky about what you read. And I think it's awesome that you started a group to help others that want good, clean reads. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oohh! you're so sweet! Thank you so much! :) *blushes*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for you comment! :D

Favorite Series